Step 1: Apply Online
The application is available online Sept 1st, 2022 and must be submitted by October 31st, 2022 (6:00 PM CST).
- Look through the entire application and get familiar with it. You cannot save work so please review application before beginning submission.
- Some answers will open short essay questions. Use these opportunities to tell us more about that specific aspect of yourself.
- We ask for several written essays. Please write these outside of the application, copy and paste them into the essay sections, and make sure to save copies for your records. Some of the essays may be submitted in a video format instead of written.
- Academic transcript (official or unofficial)
- Resume -please include:
- Work experience
- School activities and honors
- Extracurricular and community activities, including volunteer roles, arts, and/or activism
- Several essay questions (upload docs)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
Step 2: Semi-Finalist Selected
A team of community volunteers from the Chamber’s Education Fund Board of Directors will individually review and rate each application on the basis of the evaluation criteria. Each team will select the individuals they feel best exemplify the selection criteria. These semi-finalists will be notified in mid November 2022 and will be asked Zoom or phone interview.
Step 3: Scholars Selected
A panel of volunteers will interview semi-finalists in November 2022. The volunteers will then make their selection as to who will be awarded an Austin LGBT Chamber Education Fund Scholarship. We introduce our scholars (in-person or via video) to the community at our annual Scholarship Awards Celebration in December 2022.