Code of Ethics
Code of Conduct for Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce Members As a member of the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, we recognize that membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following membership undertaking. The code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon our business community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand support and promote the Mission Statement of the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce and co-operate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber, and promote the enhancement of business growth in and around the greater Austin region.
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Abide by the Mission Statement and bylaws of the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
Be it know that, the failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above, and defined in the Chamber Bylaws, can result in the termination of membership.