21 Jan We are hiring! Committee Administrator
Responsible for planning and management of all committee meetings or committee events, generating reports, managing database, materials, preparing agenda, prep speakers, attend and manage virtual or live (when COVID restrictions allow) meetings/ events. Committee Administrator works closely with board members assigned to each committee to achieve organizational goals. Committee Administrator reports to CEO and works closely with other staff members. Committees include but not limited to Advocacy, Employee Resource Roundtable, Health and Wellness, Young Professionals w/ Pride, Ambassadors, Business Academy, Arts Committee, Supplier Diversity, Annual Gala, and other ad hoc committees created during the year.
• Assists committee Chairs in establishing committee work plans and priorities, and developing committee agendas, meeting date, logistics and communications related to committees.
• Works with Chairs and committees, in both chambers, to conduct committee activi ties including:
▪ Plan for all aspects of committee work including standard committee meetings and committee related events.
▪ Organize run of show/agenda for each committee meeting/event ▪ Prepare speakers in advance of each meeting/event
▪ Prepare committee meetings/events for social media posting across all plat forms
▪ Attend and manage each committee meeting/event
▪ Manage correspondence for all committees
▪ Manage contact and member lists for all committees
▪ Manage committee event database
▪ Maintain committee files and documents
▪ Maintain committee contact lists
• Minimum High School Diploma required; preferred graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in business, marketing, ad vertising
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to work independently, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent speaking and writing skills, computer proficiency, and strong verbal com munication skills
• Demonstrates ability and passion for building relationships with key local supporters and influencers in the LGBTQ community
• Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues and commitment to LGBTQ equality
• Proficiency in working with the following computer programs/systems: Excel, Mi crosoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, CANVA, Basecamp, Social Media Event Platforms, Gmail, Google Docs and Drive
• Ability to work remotely or in office environment
• Design skills a plus
• Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
• Must have ability to travel to local events (post covid)
• 2 weeks PTO annually
• 11 paid holidays
• Paid Healthcare
• Paid Dental
• Dog-friendly office
• Remote work options
Equal Opportunity Employer. Austin LGBT Chamber will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls.